Re: Ceph in a shared environment

We run CEPH OSDs on the same hosts as QEMU/KVM with OpenStack. You need to segregate the processes so the OSDs have their dedicated cores and memory, other than that it works fine. Our MONs also run on the same hosts as the OpenStack controller nodes (L3 agents and such) - no problem here, you just need dedicated drives for their data.

Jan