Increased writes to OSD after Giant -> Hammer upgrade

Hi,

I performed an upgrade of our ceph cluster from Giant to the latest
Hammer (hammer branch in git). And although it seemed to work fine at
first, looking at the graphs this morning, I've noticed a much
increased write activity on the drives, mostly the ones storing RGW
buckets (although that bias could be due just because we have much
more objects in RGW than in RBD).

This graphs shows this pretty clearly : http://i.imgur.com/0ENApdX.png

I assume that the very high spike at the beginning was the on disk
format upgrade. But then the activity stayed much higher than it was
before.  We don't have that much write to RGW, and certainly not more
than before.

This even yielded a couple of 'slow operations' warning with few RGW
ops that have blocked for more than 32 seconds.

Cheers,

    Sylvain