Re: Difference between CephFS and RBD

Great explanation!

Consider this scenario:
Given an MPI application which runs on a number of clients (more than one), and does some I/O operations.
Based on the explanation above, it looks like it is not possible to have multiple clients read or write to the same file at the same time when we have ceph block device mounted.
Therefore, the feasible option could be to mount CephFS over RBD for different clients to be able to do parallel I/O and take advantage of the features Ceph provides using RBD (striping for instance).
Does this sound correct?

Thanks,
Hadi