Re: problem with cache tier

Well, the docs say that when your osds get full you should add another osd - and the cluster should redistribute data by it self:

http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/troubleshooting/troubleshooting-osd/#no-free-drive-space

this is my test setup - that's why I'm trying to break it and fix it (best way to learn) - so I intentionally filled the cache pool and saw this problem twice - when I have full or near full osds the cluster becomes a little less responsive and I get the "blocked requests" warning and some clients hang.. I tried to delete some files manually before but I think I deleted too many or something else went wrong, because the last time I could not get the cluster working and had to reinitialize all the osds from scratch. This time it worked - but I'm worried and wondering that maybe there is a better way to go about this problem..

I was thinking that maybe - if I upped the near full and full ratio - the warning would go away and maybe I would be able to flush the cache pool. But that's only a solution for the cache pool - I'd rather not touch the normal data on the cold storage..

Cheers,