Ceph Journal Disk Size

I would like to get some clarification on the size of the journal disks that I should get for my new Ceph cluster I am planning.  I read about the journal settings on http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/configuration/osd-config-ref/#journal-settings but that didn't really clarify it for me that or I just didn't get it.  I found in the Learning Ceph Packt book it states that you should have one disk for journalling for every 4 OSDs.  Using that as a reference I was planning on getting multiple systems with 8 x 6TB inline SAS drives for OSDs with two SSDs for journalling per host as well as 2 hot spares for the 6TB drives and 2 drives for the OS.  I was thinking of 400GB SSD drives but am wondering if that is too much.  Any informed opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nate Curry