backup RGW in federated gateway

Hi all
I am interested in RGW and I would make a backup of differents pools (objects from a s3 connector) in a second Ceph cluster. From this doc:
If I activate the synchronization agent, copying data will synchronously the main area to secondary area ?
I wish the copy is realized for example once every night. Can i not use the agent in "automatic" mode, and start the sync on demand ?
Stephane.

--
Université de Lorraine
Stéphane DUGRAVOT - Direction du numérique - Infrastructure