Re: Combining MON & OSD Nodes

For a small deployment this might be ok - but as mentioned, mon logging might be an issue.  Consider the following:

  * disk resources for mon logging (maybe dedicate a disk to logging, to avoid disk IO contention for OSDs)
  * CPU resources, some Filesystem types for OSDs can eat a lot of CPU (that' good, they're doing hard work, your using those resources to gain performance!!)
  * consider memory pressure of both mons and OSDs - Filesystem cache in memory is a good thing, are you going to be impacting that w/ comingling mons?

If you have fairly decent machines with more cores/HTs than OSD disks, you probably don't have a huge CPU issue to worry about (...probably...).

~~shane