Re: kernel 3.18 io bottlenecks?

Am 24.06.2015 um 19:53 schrieb Ilya Dryomov:
On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 8:38 PM, Stefan Priebe <s.priebe@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 24.06.2015 um 16:55 schrieb Nick Fisk:

That kernel probably has the bug where tcp_nodelay is not enabled. That
is fixed in Kernel 4.0+, however also in 4.0 blk-mq was introduced which
brings two other limitations:-

blk-mq is terrible slow. That's correct.

Is that a general sentiment or your experience with rbd?  If the
latter, can you describe your workload and provide some before and
after blk-mq numbers?  We'd be very interested in identifying and
fixing any performance regressions you might have on blk-mq rbd.

oh i'm sorry. I accidently compiled blk-mq into the kernel when 3.18.1 came out and i was wondering why my I/O waits on my ceph osds where doubled or even tripled. After reverting back to cfq everything was fine again. I didn't digged deeper into it as i thought blk-mq is experimental in 3.18.

If you're willing to assist i can give it a try - but need the patches you mention first (git commit ids?).

Greets,
Stefan

(As I mentioned in another reply, the two limitations Nick brought up
are fixed - the patches are on their way to mainline and are simple
enough for you to apply or I can build a kernel with those patches
applied for you so you can test.)

Thanks,

                 Ilya