Re: Unexpected issues with simulated 'rack' outage

Here it is:

http://pastebin.com/HfUPDTK4

Someone asked:

I am still begineer with Ceph, but as far as I understood, ceph is not designed to lose the 33% of the cluster at once and recover rapidly. What I understand is that you are losing 33% of the cluster losing 1 rack out of 3. It will take a very long time to recover, before you have HEALTH_OK status.

can you check with ceph -w how long it takes for ceph to converge to a healthy cluster after you switch off the switch in Rack-A ?

If I have a replica of each object in the other remaining racks (due to the crush map thingy), why should this impact my platform?