Re: IO scheduler & osd_disk_thread_ioprio_class

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 1:37 PM, Jan Schermer <jan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, I use the same drive
>
> one partition for journal
> other for xfs with filestore
>
> I am seeing slow requests when backfills are occuring - backfills hit the filestore but slow requests are (most probably) writes going to the journal - 10 IOPS is just to few for anything.
>

> My Ceph version is dumpling - that explains the integers.
> So it’s possible it doesn’t work at all?

I thought that bug was fixed. You can check if it worked by using
"iotop -b -n1" and looking for threads with the idle priority.

> Bad news about the backfills no being in the disk thread, I might have to use deadline after all.

If your experience follows the same paths of most users, eventually
deep scrubs will cause latency issues and you'll switch back to cfq
plus ionicing the disk thread.

Are you using Ceph RBD or object storage? If RBD, eventually you'll
find that you need to put the journals on an SSD.

Cheers, Dan