Re: IO scheduler & osd_disk_thread_ioprio_class

Hello,

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 12:53:45 +0200 Jan Schermer wrote:

> I use CFQ but I have just discovered it completely _kills_ writes when
> also reading (doing backfill for example)

I've seen similar things, but for the record and so people can correctly
reproduce things, please be specific.

For starters, what version of Ceph?

CFQ with what kernel, with what filesystem, on what type of OSD (HDD, HDD
with on disk journal, HDD with SSD journal)?

> If I run a fio job for synchronous writes and at the same time run a fio
> job for random reads, writes drop to 10 IOPS (oops!). Setting io
> priority with ionice works nicely maintaining ~250 IOPS for writes while
> throttling reads.

Setting the priority to what (level and type) on which process?
The fio ones, the OSD ones?

Scrub and friends can really wreck havoc on one of my cluster which is 99%
writes, same goes for the few times it has to do reads (VMs booting).

Christian

chibi@xxxxxxx   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Communications
http://www.gol.com/