Re: EC on 1.1PB?

Thanks lincoln! May I ask how many drives you have per storage node and how many threads you have available? IE are you using hyper threading and do you have more than 24 disks per node in your cluster? I noticed with our replicated cluster that disks == more pgs == more cpu/ram and with 24+ disks this ends up causing issues in some cases. So a 3 node cluster with 70 disks each is fine but scaling up to 21 and i see issues. Even with connections, pids, and file descriptors turned up. Are you using just jerasure or have you tried the ISA driver as well?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions I am just curious as to where the 40% performance comes from.