Re: incomplete pg, recovery some data

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 01:24:38PM +0200, Mateusz Skała wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After some hardware errors one of pg in our backup server is 'incomplete'.
>
> I do export pg without problems like here:
> https://ceph.com/community/incomplete-pgs-oh-my/
>
> After remove pg from all osd's and  import pg to one of osd pg is still
> 'incomplete'.
>
> I want to  recover only some pice of data from this rbd so if I lost
> something then nothing happened. How can I tell ceph to accept this pg as
> complete and clean?

I have a patch for ceph-objectstore-tool, which adds mark-complete operation,
as it has been suggested by Sam in http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10098

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/5031

It has not been reviewed yet and not tested well though because I
don't know a simple way how to get an incomplete pg.

You might want to try it on your own risk.

--
Mykola Golub