Re: Accessing Ceph from Spark

Hi Yuan,
Thanks for the answer.

Our main use case is to replace AWS S3 with object storage in private cloud, very preferably with S3 compatible API. But we also know that we want to perform some machine learning and data processing by Spark in not so far future on the data residing in the object storage. The data locality feature would be very nice to have but I was not aware that this is possible with Ceph or Swift.

We do not want to use HDFS, mainly because of the cost brought in by replication factor 3x and we also plan to store more/a lot of smaller files.

Best regards,
Milan