Re: What is link and unlink options used for in radosgw-admin

Wenjun Huang <huangwenjun20@...> writes:

> Hello, everyone
> I am now confused with the options of link & unlink in radosgw-admin utility.
>
> In my option, if I link the ownerA’s bucketA to ownerB through the command
below:

> radosgw-admin bucket link —uid=ownerB —bucket=bucketA
>
> then, I think the owner of bucketA is ownerB.
>
> But, in my test, there is nothing changed after I run the command except
that the displayed “owner: “ has changed in the result of the command:
>  radosgw-admin bucket stats —bucket=bucketA
>
> I can still do nothing to bucketA through user ownerB.
>
> Has I misunderstand the usage of link & unlink, but what are they really for?
>
> Thanks
> Wenjun

Hi, I just got the same problem, I solved by changing directly the attrs in
the bucket metadata, do:

# radosgw-admin metadata get bucket:"nameofyourbucket"

then you'll get the bucket_id and other stuff as response, do:
# radosgw-admin metadata get bucket.instance:"nameofyourbucket":"bucket_id"
> bucket.json

Then edit it, and change the "val" field after the "key" field called
"user.rgw.acl"

You have to put there string corresponding to the uid of your new owner. In
order to get it, you can create a test bucket with the new owner and repeat
the operations above.

Last step, save your json file and insert the new metadata into the bucket:

# radosgw-admin metadata put bucket.instance:"nameofyourbucket":"bucket_id"
< bucket.json

Best,

WCMinor