Re: anyone using CephFS for HPC?

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 10:31 PM, Nigel Williams
<nigel.d.williams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Wondering if anyone has done comparisons between CephFS and other
> parallel filesystems like Lustre typically used in HPC deployments
> either for scratch storage or persistent storage to support HPC
> workflows?

Oak Ridge had a paper at Supercomputing a couple years ago about this
from their perspective. I don't remember how many of its concerns are
still up-to-date, and the test evaluation was on repurposed Lustre
hardware so it was a bit odd, but it might give you some stuff to
think about.
Sage's thesis or some of the earlier papers will be happy to tell you
all the ways in which Ceph > Lustre, of course, since creating a
successor is how the project started. ;)
-Greg