New to CEPH - VR@Sheeltron

Dear Sir,

I am New to CEPH. I have the following queries:

1. I have been using OpenNAS, OpenFiler, Gluster & Nexenta for storage OS. How is CEPH different from Gluster & Nexenta ?

2. I also use LUSTRE for our Storage in a HPC Environment. Can CEPH be substituted for Lustre ?

3. What is the minimum capacity of storage (in TB), where CEPH can be deployed ? What is the typical hardware configuration required to support CEPH ? Can we use 'commodity hardware' like TYAN - Servers & JBODs to stack up the HDDs ?? Do you need RAID Controllers or is RAID/LUN built by the OS ?

4. Do you have any doc. that gives me the comparisons with other Software based Storage ?

Thanks & Regards,

V.Ranganath
VP - SI&S Division
Sheeltron Digital Systems Pvt. Ltd.