Is Ceph right for me?

Hello,

Could somebody please advise me if Ceph is suitable for our use?

We are looking for a file system which is able to work over different locations which are connected by VPN. If one locations was to go offline then the filesystem will stay online at both sites and then once connection is regained the latest file version will take priority.

The main use will be for website files so the changes are most likely to be any uploaded files and cache files as a lot of the data will be stored in a SQL database which is already replicated.

With Kind Regards,
Trevor Robinson

CTO at Key4ce

Key4ce - IT Professionals