RGW blocked threads/timeouts

Hello Cephers,

  I had a question about something we experience in our cluster. When we add new capacity or suffer failures we will often get blocked requests during the rebuilding. This leads to threads from the RGW blocking and eventually no longer serving new requests. I suspect that if we set the RGW thread timeouts low enough this could alleviate the problem. We don't necessary care if a certain portion of requests get ignored during this time period. So long as the RGW can respond to some of them.

  So my question is, has anyone else experienced this and what have you done to solve it. The two timeout settings I am looking at are listed below, and i'm not certain what the distinction is between them, perhaps someone could fill me in. Thank you and I appreciate the assistance!

  The documentation is not too clear about the differences and after some brief searching I didn't find any discussions about these values.

rgw op thread timeout
rgw op thread suicide timeout

- Daniel