From: John Spray [mailto:john.spray@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 03 June 2015 10:39
To: Alexander Dacre; ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Multiprotocol access

On 03/06/15 10:12, Alexander Dacre wrote:

Hi,

I’m not having much luck with my proof-of-concept Ceph deployment, so I’ll just ask the question here.

Does Ceph provide multiprotocol access to the same file system like Isilon’s OneFS (CIFS, NFS, Swift, HDFS) and, to a lesser extent, NetApp’s Data ONTAP (CIFS, NFS)?

Ceph isn't responsible for the CIFS or NFS parts, you would put another layer like samba, nfs-ganesha, or kernel NFS server on top of CephFS to get that.

Ceph does have a FSAL for nfs-ganesha (e.g. [1]) and an HDFS implementation ([2]), but it's up to you to put the components together.

Cheers,
John

1. http://blog.nixpanic.net/2014/09/experimenting-with-ceph-support-for-nfs.html
2. http://ceph.com/docs/master/cephfs/hadoop/