SSD disk distribution

Hello,

We are planing to deploy our first Ceph cluster with 14 storage nodes and 3 monitor nodes. The storage node have 12 SATA disks and 4 SSDs. 2 of the SSDs we plan to use as
journal disks and 2 for cache tiering.

Now the question raised in our team if it would be better to put all SSDs lets say in 2 storage nodes and consider them as fast nodes or to distribute the SSDs for the cache tiering over all 14 nodes (2 per node).

In mine opinion, if I understood the concept of Ceph right (I'm still in the learning process ;-) distributing the SSDs across all storage nodes would be better since this also would distribute the network traffic (client access) across all 14 nodes and not only limit it to 2 nodes. Right?

Any suggestion on that?

Best,
Martin