Problem deploying a ceph cluster built from source

Hello all,

I am attempting to install a ceph cluster which has been built from source. I first cloned the Ceph master repository and then followed steps given in the Ceph documentation about installing a Ceph build. So I now have the binaries available in /usr/local/bin.

The next step is for me to deploy this build and I used ceph-deploy to do that:

$ceph-deploy install –dev=master <hostname>

This is where I get this error:

[ceph_deploy.conf][DEBUG ] found configuration file at: /home/ssd/.cephdeploy.conf

[ceph_deploy.cli][INFO  ] Invoked (1.5.23): /usr/bin/ceph-deploy install --dev=master Hostname

[ceph_deploy.install][DEBUG ] Installing dev version master on cluster ceph hosts Hostname

[ceph_deploy.install][DEBUG ] Detecting platform for host Hostname ...

[Hostname][DEBUG ] connection detected need for sudo

[Hostname][DEBUG ] connected to host: Hostname

[Hostname][DEBUG ] detect platform information from remote host

[Hostname][DEBUG ] detect machine type

[ceph_deploy.install][INFO  ] Distro info: Ubuntu 14.04 trusty

[Hostname][INFO  ] installing ceph on Hostname

[Hostname][INFO  ] Running command: sudo env DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get -q install --assume-yes ca-certificates

[Hostname][DEBUG ] Reading package lists...

[Hostname][DEBUG ] Building dependency tree...

[Hostname][DEBUG ] Reading state information...

[Hostname][DEBUG ] ca-certificates is already the newest version.

[Hostname][DEBUG ] The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:

[Hostname][DEBUG ]   libcephfs1 librados2 librbd1 python-ceph python-flask python-itsdangerous

[Hostname][DEBUG ]   python-werkzeug

[Hostname][DEBUG ] Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.

[Hostname][DEBUG ] 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 389 not upgraded.

[Hostname][INFO  ] Running command: sudo wget -O autobuild.asc https://ceph.com/git/?p=ceph.git;a=blob_plain;f=keys/autobuild.asc

[Hostname][WARNIN] --2015-05-18 15:39:01--  https://ceph.com/git/?p=ceph.git;a=blob_plain;f=keys/autobuild.asc

[Hostname][WARNIN] Resolving ceph.com (ceph.com)...

[Hostname][WARNIN] Connecting to ceph.com (ceph.com) ... connected.

[Hostname][WARNIN] ERROR: cannot verify ceph.com's certificate, issued by ………..

[Hostname][WARNIN]   Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.

[Hostname][WARNIN] To connect to ceph.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.

[Hostname][WARNIN] command returned non-zero exit status: 5

[Hostname][INFO  ] Running command: sudo apt-key add autobuild.asc

[Hostname][WARNIN] gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.

[Hostname][ERROR ] RuntimeError: command returned non-zero exit status: 2

[ceph_deploy][ERROR ] RuntimeError: Failed to execute command: apt-key add autobuild.asc

I have checked with ssl certfificates and ca-certificates and they are the newest version. I have deployed a cluster with ceph-deploy earlier using the Quick installation guide and I got this certificate error then as well. But I used the –no-check-certificate flag then and it worked well. While using the ceph-deploy install command during the quick installation process, I used –no-adjust-repos and the same certificate verify error disappeared. But the same flag does not work here as ceph-deploy install –dev and –no-adjust-repos do not go together.

I have two questions:

1.      Is this the right way to deploy a ceph cluster built from source? I am asking since it is not mentioned directly as an end-to-end document as to how to deploy a ceph cluster which has been built from source

2.      In cases where the ceph certificate is unverified, is it possible to issue something equivalent of the –no-check-certificate flag so that the installation does not stop because of an unverified certificate?

Thanks!

Aakanksha