Does anyone understand Calamari??

Increasing the audience since ceph-calamari is not responsive. What salt event/info does the Calamari Master expect to see from the ceph-mon to determine there is an working cluster? I had to change servers hosting the calamari master and can’t get the new machine to recognize the cluster. The ‘salt \* ceph.get_heartbeats’ returns monmap, fsid, ver, epoch, etc for the monitor and all of the osd’s. Can anyone point me to docs or code that might enlighten me to what I’m overlooking? Thanks.