civetweb lockups

Hi All.

We have a wierd issue where civetweb just locks up, it just fails to respond to HTTP and a restart resolves the problem. This happens anywhere from every 60 seconds to every 4 hours with no reason behind it.

We have run the gateway in full debug mode and there is nothing there that seems to be an issue.

We run 2 gateways on 6core machines, there is no load, cpu or memory wise, the machines seem fine. They are load balanced behind HA proxy. We run 12 data nodes at the moment with ~170 disks.

We see around the 40-60MB/s into the array. Is this just too much for civetweb to handle? Should we look at virtual machines on the hardware/mode nodes?

[client.radosgw.ceph-obj02]
    host = ceph-obj02
  keyring = /etc/ceph/keyring.radosgw.ceph-obj02
  rgw socket path = /tmp/radosgw.sock
  log file = /var/log/ceph/radosgw.log
  rgw data = "">  rgw thread pool size = 1024
  rgw print continue = False
  debug rgw = 0
  debug ms = 0
  rgw enable ops log = False