Re: rbd unmap command hangs when there is no network connection with mons and osds

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Ilya Dryomov <idryomov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 1:18 PM, Vandeir Eduardo
> <vandeir.eduardo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> This causes an annoying problem with rbd resource agent in pacemaker. In a
>> situation where pacemaker needs to stop a rbd resource agent on a node where
>> there is no network connection, the rbd unmap command hangs. This causes the
>> resource agent stop command to timeout and the node is fenced.
>>
>> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Ilya Dryomov <idryomov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> No, but you can Ctrl-C the unmap command and that should do it.  In the
>>> dmesg you'll see something like
>>>
>>>   rbd: unable to tear down watch request
>>>
>>> and you may have to wait for the cluster to timeout the watch.
>
> We can probably add a --force to rbd unmap.  That would require extending our
> sysfs interface but I don't see any obstacles.  Sage?

On a second thought, we can timeout our wait for a reply to a watch
teardown request with a configurable timeout (mount_timeout).  We might
still need --force for more in the future, but for this particular
problem the timeout is a better solution I think.  I'll take care of
it.

Thanks,

                Ilya