From: ceph-users [mailto:ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alexandre DERUMIER
Sent: 07 May 2015 12:43
To: MEGATEL / Rafał Gawron
Cc: ceph-users
Subject: Re:  Networking question

Hi,

>>If I have two networks (public and cluster network) and one link in public network is broken ( cluster network is fine) what I will see in my cluster ?

See

http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/configuration/network-config-ref/

only osd between them use private network.

so if public network not work (on osd), mon will not see osd, so osd will be out.

>>Or how works ceph if link to cluster network was broken and public network is fine ?

I'm not sure here, osd will be enable to replicate, so maybe it going out itself ?

I have theoretical question about network in ceph.

If I have two networks (public and cluster network) and one link in public network is broken ( cluster network is fine) what I will see in my cluster ?

How work ceph in this situation ?

Or how works ceph if link to cluster network was broken and public network is fine ?

CEPH node will available ?

---

rgawron

Please visit our new website at www.pml.ac.uk and follow us on Twitter  @PlymouthMarine

Winner of the Environment & Conservation category, the Charity Awards 2014.

Plymouth Marine Laboratory (PML) is a company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales, company number 4178503. Registered Charity No. 1091222. Registered Office: Prospect Place, The Hoe, Plymouth  PL1 3DH, UK.

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system. You are reminded that e-mail communications are not secure and may contain viruses; PML accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by viruses.