Re: Rados Gateway and keystone

On 07/05/15 20:21, ghislain.chevalier@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
HI all,

After adding the nss and the keystone admin url  parameters in ceph.conf and creating the openSSL certificates, all is working well.

If I had followed the doc and processed by copy/paste, I wouldn't have encountered any problems.

As all is working well without this set of parameters using the swift API and keystone, It would be helpful if the page http://ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/keystone/  was more precise according to this implementation.

Best regards

-----Message d'origine-----
De : CHEVALIER Ghislain IMT/OLPS
Envoyé : lundi 13 avril 2015 16:17
À : ceph-users
Objet : RE:  Rados Gateway and keystone

Hi all,

Coming back to that issue.

I successfully used keystone users for the rados gateway and the swift API but I still don't understand how it can work with S3 API and i.e. S3 users (AccessKey/SecretKey)

I found a swift3 initiative but I think It's only compliant in a pure OpenStack swift environment  by setting up a specific plug-in.
https://github.com/stackforge/swift3

A rgw can be, at the same, time under keystone control and  standard radosgw-admin if
- for swift, you use the right authentication service (keystone or internal)
- for S3, you use the internal authentication service

So, my questions are still valid.
How can a rgw work for S3 users if there are stored in keystone? Which is the accesskey and secretkey?
What is the purpose of "rgw s3 auth use keystone" parameter ?

The difference is that (in particular with the v2 protocol) swift clients talk to keystone to a) authenticate and b) find the swift storage endpoint (even if it is actually pointing to rgw).

In contrast s3 clients will talk directly to the rgw, and *it* will talk to kesystone to check the client's s3 credentials fir them. That's why rgw need to have "rgw s3 auth use keystone" and similar parameters.

Cheers

Mark