Re: Kernel version for CephFS client ?

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 11:25 PM, cwseys <cwseys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> HI Illya,
>
>> Any new features, development work and most of the enhancements are not
>> backported.  Only a selected bunch of bug fixes is.
>

> Not sure what you are trying to say.
>
> Wheezy was released with kernel 3.2 and bugfixes are applied to 3.2 by
> Debian throughout Wheezy's support cycle.
>
> But by using the Wheezy backports repository one can use kernel 3.16,
> including the ceph code which is included in kernel v 3.16.
>
> Probably kernel 4.xxx will be backported to Jessie by Debian at some time
> also.  Then one can use the ceph code from those kernels in Jessie as well.

Ah sorry, I got a little confused by your use of the word backported,
even though you did put it in quotes.  That is a viable option, but I'd
suggest using latest releases and not wait for Debian kernel team to
push a new kernel to -backports repo.  IIRC Ubuntu goes so far as
packaging -rc's, Debian must have a similar service.

Thanks,

                Ilya