Re: Cannot remove cache pool used by CephFS

On 29/04/2015 03:56, CY Chang wrote:
I set up a cache pool for data pool used in CephFS. When I tried to remove the cache pool, I got this error:
pool 'XXX' is in use by CephFS via its tier. So, my question is: why is it forbidden to remove tiers from a base pool in use by CephFS? How about the pool in use by RBD?
Hmm, this check was written on the assumption that someone won't be modifying their tiering configuration after setting up their filesystem. It's probably overly strict, since a careful user can indeed flush out their writeback cache and safely remove it as the overlay to the base pool.

I've created http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/11504

John