Re: CephFs - Ceph-fuse Client Read Performance During Cache Tier Flushing

Hi all

The issue is resolved after upgrading Ceph from Giant to Hammer(0.94.1)

cheers
K.Mohamed Pakkeer

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 11:28 AM, Mohamed Pakkeer <mdfakkeer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

 I was doing some testing on erasure coded based CephFS cluster. cluster is running with giant 0.87.1 release.

Cluster info

15 * 36 drives node(journal on same osd)

3 * 4 drives SSD cache node( Intel DC3500)

3 * MON/MDS

EC 10 +3

10G Ethernet for private and cluster network

We got approx. 55MB/s read transfer speed using ceph-fuse client, when the data was available on cache tier( cold storage was empty). When I tried to add more data, ceph started the flushing the data from cache tier to cold storage. During flushing, cluster read speed became approx 100 KB/s. But I got 50 – 55MB/s write transfer speed during flushing from multiple simultaneous ceph-fuse client( 1G Ethernet). I think there is an issue on data migration from cold storage to cache tier during ceph-fuse client read. Am I hitting any known issue/bug or is there any issue with my cluster?

I used big video files( approx 5 GB to 10 GB) for this testing .

Any help ?

Cheers
K.Mohamed Pakkeer

--