From: ceph-users [mailto:ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Markus Goldberg
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2015 5:41 AM
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  SAS-Exp 9300-8i or Raid-Contr 9750-4i ?

Hi,
i will upgrade my existing Hardware (in 3 SC847-cases with 30 HDDs each) the next days.
Should i buy a SAS-Expander 9300-8i or keep my existing Raid-Contr 9750-4i.

The 9300 will give me real Jbod , the 9750 only single-disk Raids.

Does this make a real difference ? Should i spend or keep money?

--
MfG,
   Markus Goldberg

---------------------------------------- The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.