One more thing. Journal or not to journal or DB-what? Status?

Dear folks,

I'm sorry for the strange subject, but that might show my current
confusion too.

From what I know the writes to an OSD are also journaled for speed and
consistency. Currently that is done to the/a filesystem, that's why a
lot of suggestion are to use SSD for journals.

So far, that's clear.

But I don't understand what the leveldb/rocksdb/LMDB have to do with it.

From what I'v read and understand, those DBs could make the journal with
SSD obsolete. Keyword Filestore/KeyValueStore.

True? Wrong? :)

May be someone can explain this to me? And may be there is a roadmap on
the progress?

We hope to reduce the systems complexity (dedicated journal SSDs) with that.

http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/11028 says "LMDB key/value backend for
Ceph" is done by 70% 15 days ago.

	Kowtow, kowtow and thanks . Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Thomas Schadt