Re: Having trouble getting good performance

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Somnath Roy <Somnath.Roy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What ceph version are you using ?

Firefly, 0.80.9.

> Could you try with rbd_cache=false or true and see if behavior changes ?

As this is ZFS, running a cache layer below it that it is not aware of
violates data integrity and can cause corruption, so that type of
caching is not an option.

> What is the client side cpu util ?

Inside the VM, it appears fairly low: 0-2% user, 10-25% of one core in
system, and the rest in wait I/O.  On the KVM host it shows as 80-90%
of one CPU core.

> Performance also depends on the QD you are driving with.

How is this set for a real-world virtual machine client (i.e. not
synthetic workload like fio)?  In practice, we have very little
control over what ZFS does in terms of I/O.

Thanks!