Some more numbers - CPU/Memory suggestions for OSDs and Monitors

Hi folks,

thanks for the feedback regarding the network questions. Currently I try
to solve the question of how much memory, cores and GHz for OSD nodes
and Monitors.

My research so far:

OSD nodes: 2 GB RAM, 2 GHz, 1 Core (?) per OSD

+ enough power to handle the network load.

For the monitors I can't find a real base of information; some are much
stronger (more RAM, more CPU/GHz) some use less performant systems.

And the http://ceph.com/docs/master/start/hardware-recommendations/
looks a little bit "outdated" ... e.g. "... A recent (2012) Ceph cluster
project. ..."

How to calculate a good balanced? Is there a rule of thumb estimate :)?

BTW: The numbers I got are from the recommendation and sample
configurations from DELL, HP, Intel, Supermicron, Emulex, CERN and some
more... Like this list.

	Thanks a lot for any suggestion and feedback . Regards . Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Thomas Schadt