Re: hammer (0.94.1) - still getting feature set mismatch for cephfs mount requests

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Nikola Ciprich
<nikola.ciprich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Ilya,
>> Have you set your crush tunables to hammer?
>
> I've set crush tunables to optimal (therefore I guess they got set
> to hammer).
>

>> Your crushmap has straw2 buckets (alg straw2).  That's going to be
>> supported in 4.1 kernel - when 3.18 was released none of the straw2
>> stuff existed.
> I see.. maybe this is a bit too radical setting for "optimal" preset?

Well, it depends on how you look at it.  Generally optimal is something
that is the best or most desirable, and for hammer cluster it's going
to be hammer tunables ;)  You have to remember that kernel client is
just another client as far as ceph concerned.

Thanks,

                Ilya