Query regarding integrating Ceph with Vcenter/Clustered Esxi hosts.

Hi all,

I have a setup where I can launch vms from a standalone vmware esxi host which acts as a iscsi initiator and a ceph rbd block device that is exported as a iscsi target.

During the time of launching of vms from the standalone esxi host integrated with ceph, it is prompting me to choose the datastore I want to launch the vms on, and all I need to do is to choose the iscsi datastore on the ceph cluster and the vms gets launched there.

My client's requirement is not to just to launch vms on a standalone vmware esxi host integrated with Ceph, but that he should be able to have a shared VirtualSAN storage kind of environment like the one on NetApp and should be able to launch vms on ceph storage from either clustered Esxi hosts or from all hosts across a VCenter.

Is this feasible ?

Any pointers/references would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
--
Vivek