Ceph on Solaris / Illumos

Has anyone compiled ceph (either osd or client) on a Solaris based OS?

The thread on ZFS support for osd got me thinking about using solaris as an osd server. It would have much better ZFS performance and I wonder if the osd performance without a journal would be 2x better.

A second thought I had was using the Comstar iscsi / fcoe target software that is part of Solaris. Has anyone done anything with a ceph rbd client for Solaris based OSs?

Jake