Re: Binding a pool to certain OSDs

Hi Giuseppe,

There is also this article from Sébastien Han that you might find useful: http://www.sebastien-han.fr/blog/2014/08/25/ceph-mix-sata-and-ssd-within-the-same-box/

Best regards,
Vincenzo.

Yes you can.
You have to write your own crushmap.

At the end of the crushmap you have rulesets

Write a ruleset that selects only the OSDs you want. Then you have to
assign the pool to that ruleset.

I have seen examples online, people what wanted some pools only on SSD
disks and other pools only on SAS disks. That should be not too far
from what you want to achieve.

ciao,

Saverio