Re: MDS unmatched rstat after upgrade hammer

On 09/04/2015 17:09, Scottix wrote:
Alright sounds good.

Only one comment then:
From an IT/ops perspective all I see is ERR and that raises red flags. So the exposure of the message might need some tweaking. In production I like to be notified of an issue but have reassurance it was fixed within the system.

Fair point. Unfortunately, in general we can't distinguish between inconsistencies we're fixing up due to a known software bug, and inconsistencies that we're encountering for unknown reasons. The reason this is an error rather than a warning is that we handle this case by arbitrarily trusting one statistic when it disagrees with another, so we don't *know* that we've correctly repaired, we just hope.

Anyway: the solution is the forthcoming scrub functionality, which will be able to unambiguously repair things like this, and give you a clearer statement about what happened.

Cheers,
John