Re: Recovering incomplete PGs with ceph_objectstore_tool

In that case, I'd set the crush weight to the disk's size in TiB, and mark the osd out:
ceph osd crush reweight osd.<OSDID> <weight>
ceph osd out <OSDID>

Then your tree should look like:
-9      2.72               host ithome
30      2.72                     osd.30  up      0

An OSD can be UP and OUT, which causes Ceph to migrate all of it's data away.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 10:20 PM, Chris Kitzmiller <cakDS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Apr 3, 2015, at 12:37 AM, LOPEZ Jean-Charles <jelopez@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> according to your ceph osd tree capture, although the OSD reweight is set to 1, the OSD CRUSH weight is set to 0 (2nd column). You need to assign the OSD a CRUSH weight so that it can be selected by CRUSH: ceph osd crush reweight osd.30 x.y (where 1.0=1TB)
>
> Only when this is done will you see if it joins.

I don't really want osd.30 to join my cluster though. It is a purely temporary device that I restored just those two PGs to. It should still be able to (and be trying to) push out those two PGs with a weight of zero, right? I don't want any of my production data to migrate towards osd.30.