CephFS as HDFS

Hello,

I want to use CephFS instead of vanilla HDFS.

I have a question in regards to data locality.

When I configure the object size (ceph.object.size) as 64MB what will happen with data striping (http://ceph.com/docs/master/architecture/#data-striping), is it still will be striped by unit-size of 64kb?

If so, the whole meaning of the data locality will be lost, since the data will be pulverized across an entire cluster.

What are the best practice to deal with this problem (Ceph is used for many different purposes, including ephemeral storage, elastic block storage and image repository – entire OpenStack storage solution)

Thanks,

Dmitry