Re: Understanding High Availability - iSCSI/CIFS/NFS

On 04/05/2015 11:22 AM, Nick Fisk wrote:
Hi Justin,

I'm doing iSCSI HA. Myself and several others have had troubles with LIO and
Ceph, so until the problems are fixed, I wouldn't recommend that approach.
But hopefully it will become the best solution in the future.

If you need iSCSI, currently the best method is probably:      Shared IP
failover +TGT with RBD backend

By default TGT won't be able to fail between cluster nodes if there are IOs
in progress, so you might need to get creative to overcome this.

The other option, if it meets your requirements is NFS with a shared
failover IP.

Nick

Mike Christie has been actively working on iSCSI support with HA. Worth comparing notes :)

ric