Re: Install problems GIANT on RHEL7

OK, apparently it’s also a good idea to install EPEL, not just copy over the repo configuration from another installation.

That resolved the key error and It appears that I have it all installed.

-don-

From: ceph-users [mailto:ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Don Doerner
Sent: 04 April, 2015 09:47
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Install problems GIANT on RHEL7

Folks,

I am having a hard time setting up a fresh install of GIANT on a fresh install of RHEL7 – which you would think would be about the easiest of all situations…

1.      Using ceph-deploy 1.5.22 – for some reason it never updates the /etc/yum.repos.d to include all of the various ceph repos that are needed.  Manually added the repos from a slightly older GIANT install.

2.      Missing python-jinja2.  The old way of resolving this, using eu.ceph.com doesn’t work (that repo has apparently gone missing).  So I hunted down the current jinja2 RPM and installed it.

3.      Hit issue 10476 (despite the fact that I am using ceph-deploy 1.5.22).  Manually updated /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/priorities.conf to have “check_obsoletes=1”.

4.      Hit issue 11104 despite manually addressing 10476.  Took the approach of forcing the installation of “yum install -x python-rados -x python-rbd ceph” mentioned therein.  I am getting a key error now.  I may be able to debug this and get around the key error, but…

Can anyone tell me that they have successfully installed GIANT 0.87.1 on RHEL7?  And how did you manage to do that?  Have I gotten so far off the tracks that I should just start over from some point (and what point)?  Or is there a better “stable release” to be using at this point, e.g., should I go back to FIREFLY?

Somehow the earlier release of GIANT was a piece of cake by comparison…

Regards,

-don-

The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum. Quantum reserves the right to have electronic communications, including email and attachments, sent across its networks filtered through anti virus and spam software programs and retain such messages in order to comply with applicable data security and retention requirements. Quantum is not responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.