Re: Weird cluster restart behavior

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Gregory Farnum <greg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Quentin Hartman

> My understanding is that the "right" method to take an entire cluster
> offline is to set noout and then shutting everything down. Is there a better
> way?

That's probably the best way to do it. Like I said, there was also a
bug here that I think is fixed for Hammer but that might not have been
backported to Giant. Unfortunately I don't remember the right keywords
as I wasn't involved in the fix.

I'd hope that the complete shutdown scenario would get some more testing in the future...  I know that Ceph is targeted more at "enterprise" situations where things like generators and properly sized battery backups aren't extravagant luxuries, but there are probably a lot of clusters out there that will get shut down completely, planned or unplanned.

--
Jeff Ollie