Radosgw multi-region user creation question

Hi

I'm trying to set up a POC multi-region radosgw configuration (with
different ceph clusters). Following the official docs[1], here the part
about creation of zone system users was not very clear. Going by an
example configuration of 2 regions US (master zone us-dc1), EU (master
zone eu-dc1) for eg. (with secondary zones of other also created in
these regions).

If I create zone users seperately in the 2 regions ie. us-dc1 zone user
& eu-dc1 zone user, while the metadata sync does occur, if I try to
create a bucket with location passed as the secondary region, it fails
with an 403, access denied, as the system user of secondary region is
unknown to master region. I was able to bypass this by creating a system
user for secondary zone of secondary region in the master region (ie
creating a system user for eu secondary zone in us region) and then
recreating the user in the secondary region by passing on --access &
--secret-key parameter to recreate the same user with same keys. This
seemed to work, however I'm not sure whether this is the direction to
proceed, as the docs do not mention a step like this

[1] http://ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/federated-config/#configure-a-secondary-region

--
Abhishek