SSD Journaling

Hi,

I’m benchmarking my small cluster with HDDs vs HDDs with SSD Journaling. I am using both RADOS bench and Block device (using fio) for testing.

I am seeing significant Write performance improvements, as expected. I am however seeing the Reads coming out a bit slower on the SSD Journaling side. They are not terribly different, but sometimes 10% slower.

Is that something other folks have also seen, or do I need some settings to be tuned properly? I’m wondering if accessing 2 drives for reads, adds latency and hence the throughput suffers.

Thanks

Pankaj