Re: ceph -s slow return result

Thank you very much!

On 29 Mar 2015 11:25, "Kobi Laredo" <kobi.laredo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm glad it worked.
You can set a warning to catch this early next time (1GB)
mon leveldb size warn = 1000000000

Kobi Laredo
Cloud Systems Engineer | (408) 409-KOBI

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 5:45 PM, Chu Duc Minh <chu.ducminh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
@Kobi Laredo: thank you! It's exactly my problem.
# du -sh /var/lib/ceph/mon/
2.6G    /var/lib/ceph/mon/
# ceph tell mon.a compact
compacted leveldb in 10.197506
# du -sh /var/lib/ceph/mon/
461M    /var/lib/ceph/mon/
Now my "ceph -s" return result immediately.

Maybe monitors' LevelDB store grow so big because i pushed 13 millions file into a bucket (over radosgw).
When have extreme large number of files in a bucket, the state of ceph cluster could become unstable? (I'm running Giant)

Regards,