adding a new pool causes old pool warning "pool x has too few pgs"

Hi All,
  To a Healthy cluster I recently added two pools to ceph, 1 replicated and 1
ecpool.  Then I made the replicated pool into a cache for the ecpool.
  Afterwards ceph health check started complaining about a preexisting pool
having too few pgs.  Previous to adding the new pools there was no warning.

  Why does adding new pools cause an old pool to have too few pgs?

Thanks!
Chad.