Migrating objects from one pool to another?

Hi,

Lately I've been going back to work on one of my first ceph setup and now I see that I have created way too many placement groups for the pools on that setup (about 10 000 too many). I believe this may impact performances negatively, as the performances on this ceph cluster are abysmal. Since it is not possible to reduce the number of PGs in a pool, I was thinking of creating new pools with a smaller number of PGs, moving the data from the old pools to the new pools and then deleting the old pools.

I haven't seen any command to copy objects from one pool to another. Would that be possible? I'm using ceph for block storage with openstack, so surely there must be a way to move block devices from a pool to another, right?

--
Jean-Philippe Méthot