Re: add stop_scrub command for ceph

On Mon, 23 Mar 2015, Xinze Chi wrote:
> hi ceph:
>
>     Currently, there is not a command which can stop scrubbing when
> the pg is doing scrub or deep
> scrub. What about add a command to support it ? I think this s every
> used for system administrator.
>
>      I have add a issue to track it. http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/11202.

This sounds like the right solution to me.

I think the main thing we need in order to ensure this works reliably is
to modify ceph-qa-suite.git/tasks/thrasosds.py and/or ceph_manager.py so
that it periodically sets/unsets the noscrub flags so that we exercise the
new cancellation code path.  Do you mind preparing a patch for that too?

Thanks!
sage